Freelance Environmental Consultant
Biologist (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona) & Master in Environmental Engineering and Management (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya)
1. Fauna, Habitats and Biodiversity: as a zoologist I have carried out several projects to enhance biodiversity and to recover endangered/extinct species (www.falconsbarcelona.net and www.orenetes.cat ). I have also worked in several national parks and lately I am advising Bosnian Protected Areas (The World Bank).
2. Environmental Impact Assessments: power lines, roads, gravel pits, quarries, etc.
3.Environmental Town Planning: environmental assessments of development plans, diagnosis of ecological connectivity, environmental reports of plots, etc.
4. Environmental Local Audits: I have led numerous local audits (Mairena del Aljarafe, Sant Adrià de Besòs, etc).
5. Environmental Golf Courses: I am accredited by The Golf Environment Organization.
(http://www.golfenvironment.org/geosa/pere-alzina-i-bilbeny) as a
environmental adviser and verifier of golf courses.
6. Waste management: I have advised both managers of landfills and local municipalities with the aim of improving the efficiency of their management.
7. Environmental communication and awareness: I have conducted hundreds of courses, seminars and talks on all sorts of environmental issues (waste, land use, forest management, wildlife, etc.) as well as communication and awareness campaigns targeting the general public or specific sectors of it (teachers, technical specialists, rangers, etc.).
8. Nature travel guide: I also collaborate with Orixà Viatges (www.orixa.com) as a nature travel guide specialized in both wildlife and biodiversity of Eastern Europe (Romania, Poland, Bulgaria and Belarus).
Santa Clara,4 | Arenys de Mar